Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

OMG IT'S INDIAN PUDDING!

Hello hungry blog readers!
I thought it would be awesome if I made a post about kheer because we had it recently at Khana Peena. Kheer is an Indian rice pudding. It is also called payasam in southern India. It is a very common sweet dessert served quite hot. Here is the recipe I found from this site:
Ingredients
3 - 4 cups of whole milk, diluted with 1 - 2 cups of water (The proportion of water will determine the thickness of the Kheer.)
1 cup rice (it is best to use an Indian variety like basmati rice)
1 cup condensed milk
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon raisins
1 tablespoon of dry roasted cashew nut pieces. (Cashew nuts can be substituted with almonds or pistachio)

1 teaspoon finely powdered elaichi (cardamom) seeds 

I will soon be making this at home using this website's recipe. I''l write up my thoughts on the dish and comparison between Khana Peena. 

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment